Taxiway Edge Light - ZA216 & L-861T
The ZA216 is an Omni-directional tungsten halogen taxiway and apron edge fitting for CAT III all weather operation airfield ground lighting (AGL) systems. Suitable for use in 6.6A airfield lighting circuits normally supplied from 1 x 45W isolating transformer. Power consumption varies between 30W and 45W depending upon type of lamp selected.
Certified to Latest Standards
As a taxiway edge light:
- ICAO Annex 14, clause 5.3.17
- FAA FAA L-86IT
- CAA CAP168 Table 6A/1 item 8
- BSI BS3224 Part 4, elevated fittings
- NATO STANAG 3316
- Lightweight and robust due to its predominantly aluminium alloy construction which also gives good corrosion resistance.
- Removal of glass dome for lamp replacement or maintenance achieved without the need for any tools due to the simple bayonet fit of the glass.
- Ball joint mounting arrangement facilitates levelling of the light on installation.
- Choice of mounting stems available (M32 threaded or 25mm (1”) plain).
- Mounting stem compatible with 2” BSP Mounting using frangible coupling.
- Frangibility inherent in the M32 threaded mounting stem.
- Smooth outer glass surface resists build up of dirt.
- Bi-pin or PK30D lamp options.
- Optional lamp by-pass device can be fitted if required.
- Powder coat paint finish in golden yellow.
- IMM available on request.
- Lamp life no less than 1000hrs.
Typical installation methods
- On a 204mm (8”) dia. ground mounting plate
- On a FAA L867 type base can
- On a FAA type frangible coupling
- On a ground mounting spike