Elevated Approach - ZA420
High intensity, uni-directional, elevated runway approach lighting suitable for use in all weather operation installations up to ICAO category III system. For use in 6.6A airfield lighting circuits, normally supplied from one series circuit isolating transformer.
The complete fitting comprises of a light head containing the optical components and a choice of three ‘gimble’ type mounting arrangements, either M32 or M25 stem or 50/60mm O/D coupling for approach pole structures.
The optical system of the light head comprises of a high purity anodized aluminium reflector, protected by an outer aluminium body casting supporting an airfield standard 100W, 150W or 200W Pk30d prefocus tungsten halogen lamp and heat resistant spreader glass, such that no refocusing on installation, maintenance or in service is required. Separate colour filters outside the fitting are not to be used. Lamp replacement is easily effected via the rear of the fitting and will not require any tools. The objective lamp life at maximum intensity will not be less than 1,200 hours on a constant current series circuit.
The fitting design allows installation either at ground level or on short support poles using an FAA type breakable coupling or alternatively on an approach lighting structure by means of either an M32 or M25 stem or 50/60mm O/D pole mounting coupling. To simplify maintenance procedures the light head can be easily removed from the gimble mounting and replaced without the need for any re-sighting.
The light head is constructed such that the weight of the complete assembly, excluding the ‘gimble’ mounting, shall not exceed 1.8kg.
All elements of the fitting are protected against corrosion with stainless steel fastenings being used throughout. A watertight compression gland shall be used for entry of the connecting plug lead.
Request a Quote
Compliant to the latest standards
- FAA E-982 and L-862S,
- ICAO Annex 14
- CAA CAP168
- NATO STANAG 3316
- BS3224 Part 4, elevated fittings
- Lightweight yet robust due to its aluminium alloy ‘double skinned’ construction
- No external colour filters required
- Smooth outer glass surface resists build up of dirt and is easy to clean
- Pre-focused optics simplify maintenance procedures ∣ Lamp replacement effected without requiring any tools
- Low windage area
- Choice of ‘gimble’ mounting methods – M32 stem, M25 stem or 50/60mm O/D coupling for approach pole structures
- Light head replacement effected without any resighting required
- Powder coat paint finish in golden yellow. All fasteners are stainless steel
- IMM available on request
Suitable for use in 6.6A airfield lighting circuits, normally supplied from one 100W, 150W or 200W series circuit isolating transformer. Power consumption is 100W, 150W or 200W depending upon application.
Typical installation methods
- On a 204mm (8”) dia. ground mounting plate (ZM120/1)
- On a short approach pole up to 2.2m long
- On an FAA L867 type base
- On a ground mounting spike
- On a FAA type frangible coupling
Other installation methods available on request