atg worked closely with Costain on this very high-profile project which comprised of a full category 3 runway upgrade, to enable the airport to meet its growing needs for the future.
The work involved a major upgrade of airfield infrastructure, plus an upgrade of existing services, including the transition to LED from halogen in order to remain FAA compliant. With meticulous planning, the airport was able to remain open 24 hours per day by using the second runway.
The project included all the design work plus the management of saw cutting and sealing, and the install of all seating pots. In total, over 50km of cable were laid, and 125 CCRs (constant current regulators) installed.
In addition atg undertook:
• A full rewire of runway one
• Transformer installation
• Installation of both lead on and leads offs
• Rapid exit taxiways
• Light fitting and sign installation
• Smart Control System installation
• Installation of switching units
• New substation build and install
• Installation of 125 CCR’s
• LV Panel, LV infrastructure install
The project was completed on budget and ahead of time in just 6 months.
|Project date: 2013-2015|
|Location: Manchester Airport, UK|
|Download PDF: Manchester Airport Case Study|