From £TBD a year
LocationWarrington, United Kingdom
The Estimator will support the companies Construction Management Team with the development, performance and maintenance of the companies tenders and proposals process and related activities, to ensure the delivery of efficient and high-quality submissions to current clients and potential targets in both the private and public sectors.
This role will involve working closely with the construction department, in addition to working with colleagues in the wider Marketing & Business Development Team.Apply Now
- To work closely with the Construction Management Team to support the management and development of the companies tender process, assisting with both the pursuit of new opportunities and the maintenance of relationships with current clients/contacts across all of the companies practice areas.
- Carrying out the role of end-to-end tender and proposal writing and related support services, working with the Construction Management Team to draft and develop winning tenders/proposals for new work.
- Supporting the drafting of compelling tender submissions and proposals, creating high quality and well-written method statements and other related information.
- Contributing to the design and format of tender submissions and proposals, including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ensuring the companies ‘Tender Library’ and related databases contain accurate, and easy to access information, and are regularly updated.
- Diarising and attending key tender/proposal meetings, providing related administrative assistance to all meeting attendees as required.
- Carrying out relevant client and target research in relation to the tender and proposal function.
- Supporting the Construction Management Team with qualifying and quantifying all opportunities to understand the cost effectiveness of tendering and to offer an informed ‘bid/no bid’ decision to the wider tender team.
- Developing an awareness of the issues faced by client or target organisation(s) in the relevant sector(s) under the scope of each tender/proposal, and how these issues will impact upon the delivery of a high-quality tender or proposal.
Most Challenging part of the Role
- Supporting the Construction Management Team with the project management and delivery of time-bound strategic, and often multi-department led, tenders and proposals.
- Possessing and ability to work independently and to manage a varied workload, as well as acting in a supportive capacity for the companies Project Managers.
- Being flexible and having a ‘can do’ attitude when faced with changing needs and priorities.
- Motivated and proactive approach to working within the context of a busy support services function.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are of critical importance.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts, liaising with colleagues at all levels to source/produce key information for tender submissions and proposals.
- Attention to detail and proof-reading skills, as well as the ability to contribute to the drafting of tender responses.
- Educated to degree/equivalent level, and/or possession of a good level of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience and knowledge of a tender/proposal process, and/or of working within a marketing and business development team.