Health & Safety
atg airports regard safety as paramount in the delivery of all our projects and operate a Safety Management System. The SMS adopts the principles of the HSE guidance “Successful Health and Safety Management” and is operated in full compliance with all current safety legislation.
Emphasis is placed upon:
- Construction, Design and Management Regulations (2007) with atg airports fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor or Contractor
- Risk Assessments to identify the hazards, evaluate the risks, implement safe systems of work and associated controls
- Training and Awareness for all levels of employees
- Control of Sub Contractors
Our Health and Safety Policy and Systems reflect our thorough approach to providing safe systems of work for all our employees and our duties to others.
- We have an excellent safety record
- We train our managers who attend the 4 day IOSH Managing Safely course.
We enforce and monitor our Health and Safety Policy and safety performance across all business activities through:
- Toolbox Talks
- Safety Inspections and audits
- Accident and near miss reporting
- Regular Safety reports
- Employee involvement and communications
- Regular Management Team meetings, with a strong emphasis on Safety performance
- Employee involvement and communication
- Regular management meetings with a strong emphasis on safety, performance and management